One of the oldest distilleries in Scotland, Glen Ord is steeped in history. Founded on the Black Isle in the Scottish Highlands, it sits on a stretch of land that had been in the possession of Clan Mackenzie for nearly 700 years, when Thomas Mackenzie built the distillery in 1838. It is from this famous Scottish clan that the distillery adopts its motto, Luceo non uro, meaning “I shine not burn” we continue to be inspired by this today, with our emphasis on slow batched distillation.
The Singleton of Glen Ord 12 Year Old
• Our 12 year old has been matured for a minimum of 12 years in a higher proportion of European oak casks to American oak ex Bourbon casks. It is a fruity, well-composed expression that manages to be both light and smooth without compromising any depth of flavour or fullness of palate.
• Berry fruit aromas, a creamy taste and warming finish.
The Singleton of Glen Ord 12 Year Old Sherry Cask
• European and American oak perfectly blended together before being finished in European oak ex Sherry casks.
• Fresh and stewed apple, followed by creamy toffee, dried fruit and wood, then cinnamon and cloves with citrus hints.
The Singleton of Glen Ord 18 Year Old
• Our 18 year old has been matured for a minimum of 18 years in a secret balance of American and European oak casks. It is slightly darker in colour and deeper in flavour than the 12 year old.
• Walnut aromas, rich fruity taste and a sweet chocolate finish.